In order to take full advantage of everything DoubleDown Casino has to offer you on Facebook, the app requires certain permissions from your account. If something changes in these settings, you may experience errors and need to restore these permissions.
Ensure you're logged into your Facebook account and follow steps 1-4 or follow this shortcut to view your Facebook App Settings then continue to step 5. If you’re currently using a mobile device, you must use the shortcut link provided.
To reset your permission settings:
- Go to Facebook.com.
- Near the top right-hand corner, you will see a small arrow pointing down. Click this and a menu will appear.
- In this menu, click Settings.
- On the left-hand side of the next page, choose Apps and Websites.
- Once on the Apps and Websites page, find and click the check-box next to DoubleDown Casino - Vegas Slots. If you have multiple apps connected to Facebook, you may need to first click Show All. You may also need to switch between the Active and Expired tabs, depending on how long it has been since you last logged in. You could also use the search bar in the top right to find the correct app.
Please note: You may see two listings for our game, one that is called DoubleDown Casino - Vegas Slots, and one that is just DoubleDown Casino. The duplicate listings indicate that you have played more than one platform/version. Both listings are official; however, unless otherwise directed, choose the one with the longer title.
After selecting the proper game, click Remove at the top of the page. You will see a warning saying, “If your remove DoubleDown Casino – Vegas Slots, it may delete your DoubleDown Casino — Vegas Slots account and activity.” Don’t worry, we still have your account on file. It will be restored when you next load the game. Click Remove again.
- Finally, from your computer, load DoubleDown Casino again. Simply click Continue as <your name> to restore the proper permissions.
You can learn more about the permissions we request and what they're used for.