A recent change to the Android System WebView & Google Chrome app has caused some Android users to experience crashes while attempting to start up DoubleDown Casino.
To fix this issue, follow these steps to update the affected apps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device
- Enter "Android System WebView" in the search bar
- Tap on the app entitled "Android System WebView." Make sure you select the app with only these words in the title
- Tap "Update"
- If you don't see an "Update" button, skip this step
- Repeat the same steps for Google Chrome
You can also reach the update pages for these apps by following these links:
If you notice that your update to Android System WebView or Google Chrome fails to complete, follow these steps*:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Apps
- Tap on Google Play Store
- Tap on Storage
- Tap on Clear Data
- Follow the update steps above
*Note: Clearing your Google Play Store data clears some of your settings, and you may need to reset your parental control settings and auto-update preferences.